In 2019, BwD declared a climate emergency and aims to be carbon neutral by 2030. The Action Plan created highlights 5 key areas that the council is taking to reach this goal:
- Sound Decisions– Use resources sustainably across the borough
- Resilient and Attractive Borough– Create sustainable places for people to live, work and visit
- Lean & Clean– Use energy more efficiently, generate local renewable sources and improve recycling
- Travelling Lightly– Promote active travel and transition to greener fuels
- Capture more Carbon– Increasing tree cover, protecting soil and increasing natural habitats
View the Climate Change Action Plan on our Public Health Strategies page.
More than 40% of the rubbish we put in our burgundy bins is food. Each family in the borough on average throws away over £400 a year of good food. We’re working with residents to help them make the most of their weekly shop, save money and stop food going in the bin