What Is The Recipe 4 Health Award?
The Recipe 4 Health Award recognises food businesses, including schools and nurseries, that promote healthy eating, environmental issues and social responsibility. It looks at:
- Cleanliness and fairness – making sure food is accurately described and safe to eat
- Allergen awareness
- Alcohol awareness
- Healthy eating
- Environmental focus – reducing food miles and getting rid of waste responsibly
Apply for a Recipe 4 Health Award
If you are a local food business, you can apply for a free award that shows your commitment to providing healthier alternatives. There are three levels of award:
- Bronze – for businesses with a minimum of a 3* food hygiene rating
- Silver – for businesses with a minimum of a 4* food hygiene rating
- Gold – for businesses with a minimum of a 5* food hygiene rating
Check out this handy, interactive map to help you find your healthy options and breastfeeding friendly venues across the borough.
If your organisation is not on the map, please fill in the Food Map Form making sure you add your location so you go on the map.
The BeWellBwD website showcases the range of resources and services available to help Blackburn with Darwen residents stay healthy. We have resources for every stage of life includes; Start Well, Live Well and Age Well. If you would like to know more about ensuring your business is offering healthy foods in Blackburn with Darwen, check out the full range of resources and services. Have a question? Get in touch today.